1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2004 Prius aftermarket radio with Bluetooth?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Silver12, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Silver12

Silver12 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Anyone know of any good aftermarket radio with bluetooth?

I can't seem to find any info on this.

2. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    i bought a kenwood ddx419. the bluetooth sucks. no one can hear me if the car is moving. many new radios have bluetooth; read up on them to select 1 that has good bluetooth. i am gonna see if i can get a better mic. perhaps that would help.
    if you have it installed professionally, get the installer to guarantee bluetooth performance.

3. Silver12

Silver12 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I

Thanks. True there are many Bluetooth radios out there but i am having trouble finding info on what will fit the current console compartment, have similar color scheme, etc and if possible a radio that comes with an install kit for a 2004 prius.

4. 69shovlhed

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    any double din will replace the oem junk base radio. scosche makes the only install kit i know of. it don't look too bad.
    if you want to do a single din stealth install behind the compartment, any single din radio will fit.

you will need the metra axxess interface, and a wiring kit which is easy to find on ebay. the one i bought came w/ the 68ohm resistor pre-installed.
    if you want to use one of those stupid radios w/ a pop out screen, all bets are off. personally, i think the kiss rule applies. get a fixed touch screen. many radios have illumination color choices too.

the only concern i'd have is customer ratings of bluetooth. i have contacted kenwood to see if there is a fix for my lousy bt.

5. Silver12

Silver12 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    So do you have any recommendations. Anything that will not need to be filed and work with scosche install kit?

6. 69shovlhed

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    virtually all modern radios are universal fit. they all have 1 of 2 common sizes. either single DIN for the cubby stealth install, or double DIN to replace stock junk radio. the scosche kit is also universal. it may need a little modifying to make it look just right.
    if i knew which radio had the best bluetooth, i'd probably have bought it. look at customer reviews to see if any particular head unit brand has good bluetooth. assume all the glowing reviews are fake.