1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Prius undercarriage panels collecting dirt/rocks

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by tekn8, Sep 30, 2013.

1. tekn8

tekn8 tekn8

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It's not often I post a question since PriusChat users typically post what I need but so far haven't come across this yet...while rotating my tires, found the plastic undercarriage panels driver/passenger side had rocks lodged in each of the drain hole thoughout the length of the panel. After looking into further, found each was full of dirt/rocks trapped inside. I was able to rinse out ea panel and enough dirt came out covering half my driveway! This is daily driver, 60 miles a day and includes, a 1 mile dirt road. The Maine winters are pretty rough and thinking it may be best to remove the panels to keep salt/dirt from building up. It's not easy to rinse out the panels and based on our dirt road, probably won't take long for them to build up again. I'm looking for feedback from fellow PriusChat users on what they would do, thx all

2. 2009Prius

2009Prius A Wimpy DIYer

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Yes there was another post about this. I wonder if mud guard would help.

3. nh7o

nh7o Off grid since 1980

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I would say yes, mud guards do help. I put some generic after market flaps on and am happy with the result. I used the holes that mount the wheel well plastic pieces, and drilled corresponding holes in the flaps and bolted them in place.

4. tekn8

tekn8 tekn8

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    yup, I installed them few years ago, fit in oem holes, no aftermarket mods needed, but didn't help.
    anyone else?