1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 Gen II vs 2014 Prius v Consumption Display

Discussion in 'Prius v Fuel Economy' started by rsforkner, Jun 17, 2014.

1. rsforkner

rsforkner Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I kept a record of every drop of fuel used in my 2008 Gen II Prius. It was easy with only two simple screens: Energy and Consumption. After writing down the numbers I reset the Consumption screen at every fill up. I entered these into a spreadsheet that did a bunch of calculations telling me all kinds of interesting things.

Now to my new 2014 Prius v Two. I'm confused regarding all the new information available. (A good thing) Which screen and number am I looking for that is equivalent to the Miles and cumulative MPG on the old Gen II?

Would like to sort this out before my first fill on the new car.

Thanks,
    Bob

2. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm not sure about the Two model. On mine its in the "Info - Fuel Consumption" pathway under the "past history" option, which brings up the screen with 5 or 6 bars for the most recent updates. The update button adds a new record, the reset button erases everything. When you use the update function it also updates the average MPG display on the dash for the ODO average display. The average display when you're in the trip meter is specific to the trip meter. I also reset the trip meter when I fill so I can monitor the average for the current tank. All covered in the manual in the section for your specific NAV system.

That said, Fuelly is a good way to keep track and update records.

3. rsforkner

rsforkner Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks
    I printed this so next time I go out to the car I'll see if I can find everything.

Part of what I collected each fill I calculated the actual values like MPG and Distance. Then I generated and error difference with what was shown on the Multi-Function Display.

FWIW Dept. Lifetime MPG on the 2008 was 46.2. Not too bad. :)

Bob