1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2009 prius won't start then check engine light comes on

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by zakk, Jan 5, 2014.

1. zakk

zakk New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    All most 30 days after I bought my 2009 prius it started having problems with the doors unlocking and also starting. By putting the fog in the slot it would still start. Two months ago it wouldn’t start at all. I thought the battery was dead so I had it jump started. From that point on the car would work put the touch screen didn’t. A month ago the touch screen started working but then the car starting issues began again, all the dashboard lights coming on. Two days ago I drove the car, turned it off, and when I tried turning it on five minutes later it all the dash lights came on and it wouldn’t let me shift into drive. Last night the same thing happened only after inserting the fob into the slot the dash lights no longer came on, and now the check engine light will come up and that is it. The owner’s manual says: malfunction in the electronic hybrid system control system; in the electronic throttle control system; or the transmission control system. I know what these words mean, but I don't know why this would all of the sudden happen. Please help.

2. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Any evidence of prior water damage?

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you jump started it, but never replaced the battery?