1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010-2011 USB flash drive: can it appear as an iPhone?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by prmp945, Nov 7, 2014.

1. prmp945

prmp945 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Is it possible to make a USB flash drive appear as an iPod/iPhone in the 2010-2011 NAV/JBL system?

There have been lots of complaints about how the pre-entune system (2010-2011) navigates a flash drive. Personally, I think the way that it works is so bad as to be unusable.

However, the way that this system navigates an iPhone is much better: it allows you to browse by artist, see album art, etc.

Is there any way to make a flash drive appear as though it is an iPhone?

2. Aaron Vitolins

Aaron Vitolins Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have no clue, own a Gen II. I couldn't resist commenting on your profile picture. I love it!! LOL! You're not that woman are you? She sure does love Prii! :)

3. nedear88

nedear88 My 1st Prius.

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I suggest using any ipod classic/ipod touch and it will let you browse by artists,album, playlists, genre etc, USB thumb drive only give you file name from A to Z, now a day you can buy an used ipod cheap. Also...only 2012 and up that has ENTUNE can see album art, it doesn't show album art on my 2011 JBL NAVI unit.