1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius 2 HU and Back Up Camera

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Deepspacedave, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Deepspacedave

Deepspacedave Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm sure this has been asked so I'll apologize in advance. I have a 2o1o Prius II that I just purchased, his has the standard (non touch screen) Head Unit/radio. So two questions, can I swap this with the non JBL Head unit unit with display (non nav)? If so is it simple plug and play? Second can the OEM backup camera be used with that unit? If so, how touch is the install for that? Are there existing wires in the tailgate that the OEM camera can just be plugged into or does it require wiring and/or running a cable to the head unit? Not looking to install any aftermarket things, and this is not a big deal if it's a lot of effort. Thanks!

2. DaneH5

DaneH5 Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I am not sure about the 2010, but my dealership had installed cameras on the 2014 trim IIs on the lot. They all had the touchscreen.
    I think the rear view mirror display without touchscreen was an option then.

#2 DaneH5, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  3. our1vue

our1vue Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    DaneH5,
    Any idea how the dealer is doing that ? Are they using a 6.5V camera ? That would make things a lot easier than
    getting a 12V (or 3.3V) camera to work.

4. Deepspacedave

Deepspacedave Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    That's exactly where I was going with the question lol

5. DaneH5

DaneH5 Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The 2014 have a screen and a different camera is added to the trunk. The only toyota option I heard of with no screen was a different rear view mirror which has a video display built in.