1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius Navigation System is really horrible

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by TempusFugit, May 21, 2009.

1. web1b

web1b Active Member

I can enter street addresses OK by voice. The problem is when you don't know the street address. POI access by name or category using voice is extremely limited. You probably have access to less than 10% of what's available when keying in by hand. If they fixed that, it would greatly improved the use of the nav system.

2. web1b

web1b Active Member

Maybe the 2012 or 2013 Prius will get the new improved nav systems available for the Prius V.

3. etobia

etobia Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Radio and navigation system issues

Help!:mad:

My 2010 Prius had satellite radio issues right out of the gate. They replaced the receiver, but problem wasn't fixed 100% but I tolerated it.

I started to notice that my Bluetooth feature stopped working even though it has been used by the same telephone since the auto purchase.

Newest development is the gps system now changes radio stations for me and it also has me instructed to take every exit on the Internet. Last night I was sitting in a parking lot and chose "go home". It would not activate and but did change the radio station for me!

Any advice?

I am hoping it is a factory recalls.
    I am hoping it is a simple computer glitch that needs a reset.
    I am hoping that if it just completely crapped the bed, Toyota would honor the 36,ooo mile warranty because the first audio issue occurred within the warranty period.

HELP! Has anyone else had similar experience? Have appt tomorrow.:mad:

4. thornewood

thornewood Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I wish you folks would post real messages, and stay on topic WE dont care about Garmins thats not what we have its a 2010 factory installed GPS and yes it sucks had a honda it was accurate this one sent me 45 miles more than my honda and its difficult to change once its deployed. However the it is better at telling youwhen thereis a closed lane BUT it tells you when you get there ( got cought in a 15 mile back up and it told me about it at mile 10 on a 250 mile trip so i could not re route it was to late ) great job to the engeneers they should be fired.

5. Danger

Danger Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Wish we could bypass the stock maps and use google maps instead.

6. rtdunham

rtdunham Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hell, yeah!! And I think you should be allowed to drive however fast you wish, too. Shouldn't matter that i'm on the road, or my family... :(

7. Als2012

Als2012 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have a 2012 with NAV. driving for a few days, the response are acceptable, had made a few wrong turns on purpose , it made correction right away, it has 3 D's and standard viewing. Only concert is hard to read under
    bright daylight, and too bright when driving at night time.

Check with dealer if there is any NAV. upgrade available.

I have been a Garmin users for last 8 years. I agree most Garmin are good products.

als2012

8. dragonfinder1

dragonfinder1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    To dim the display screen on my '11, I turn down the instrument lights by using the roller switch on the lower left side of the dash near the switch to adjust the mirrors.

9. savegas52

savegas52 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    upgrade with after market...seems many here have ottonavi [only usa seller i think?]...fly audio is canadian