1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Cruise Control Radar system

Discussion in 'Prius v Technical Discussion' started by abra, Sep 14, 2014.

1. abra

abra Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    How low will it automatically slow the car down? and does the brake light come on?

I tested the automatic slowing down and chicken out at 40 mph (Cruise at 77 mph) traffic was slowing down over a coarse of a mile.

It wasn't a "Lets be stupid"while traffic nailing brakes test.

2. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    It uses both regenerative and hydraulic braking. Mostly it tends to over-correct, so when I see slow traffic ahead I usually disengage the CC and brake normally. I don't know if the brake lights come on, but I doubt it. It does behave slightly differently depending on how you have the following distance set.

3. abra

abra Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Tested with neighbor this morning, cruise shut off at 25mph. The same has setting it. Later testing a controled panic stop and lights.

4. Offline

Offline Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I often let the automatic braking of the Adaptive Radar Cruise Control (ARCC) of our Prius and Sienna brake all the way down until it beeps and turns off at around 25 mph. In some other world markets, Toyota's ARCC works all the way down to zero mph which allows it to function in stop and go traffic like similar systems on U.S. specification Acura and Mercedes vehicles.

The brake lights of my Sienna activate when ARCC automatic braking occurs so I assume they activate on our Prius.

5. abra

abra Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    ARCC thanks for adding the real name. Wasnt able to test brake light tonight. Neighbor starting drinking.