1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Lexii NAV = Bad, Bad, Bad!!!

Discussion in 'Lexus Hybrids and EVs' started by CBarr31, May 31, 2013.

1. CBarr31

CBarr31 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Hello all, I wanted to give everyone a heads up on what my wife and I are finding on her new RX 450h NAV that we drove off the lot at about 6:00 PM last night. Basically what we are finding is that the NAV in our almost decade old Prii is 1000 times more user friendly than the new NAV.

In a little over 12 hours of ownership here is the list of issues we have found .... so far....
    1. GPS guidance is NOT suspended during phone calls.
    - Yes that is correct people, the CEO of the fortune 50 company you are on the phone with discussing acquisitions is going to get directions to Walgreens if you are on the phone during your call. Pathetic.

2. Essentially every useful voice command has been eliminated from this system. This includes "Suspend Guidance" or "Pause Guidance", "Resume Guidance", "Softer", "Louder", Heading Up", "North Up", "FM1", "SAT", "72 Degrees", "Hide All Icons", etc... etc....
    - Yep you guessed it. Make a 5 minute detour off of your route to stop at a friends, grab a bite to eat or for any other reason and the GPS recalculates and tries to get you back on route. No more can you simply say "Suspend Guidance" and then "Resume Guidance" once you actually want to continue your trip. Pathetic again.

I wanted to post to rant a little and to let everyone know that these issues existed. The phone number for Lexus Feedback and Complaints is 1-800-255-3987. They have been called, lol.

Hopefully at least the "Suspend Guidance", "Resume Guidance" and muting of GPS during phone calls will be corrected soon with a firmware upgrade. I also hope this extremely poor NAV system doesn't start showing up in new Prii. If so I might have to bite the bullet and swap Ema's engine rather than upgrading to new Prius.

Happy driving,
    Chris

2. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    We have a new RX450h as well, and come to think of it, I have never tried the voice commands in it. We used them all time in our 2007 RX350 (and previous RX330) and just sort of assumed they were still there. Hmm... Now I have to go check

3. tk1971

tk1971 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    With portable GPS units ~$100, and smart phone GPS, I specifically avoided buying any car with a built-in GPS. Not sure about the RX, but my CT didn't come with one and your post just made me feel better about my choice. Thanks.

4. abcahc

abcahc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    TK1971, on the freeway, will your CT200h operate on the battery (i.e. over 45 mph)? I see in your Fuelly posting that you are getting great mileage with the CT200h, and at 10% city driving. I have not been able to acheive these results at speeds over 45 mph (i.e. on trips on the freeway). I have had my CT200h for 4 weeks (pure gas), and utilize my Prius driving habits from the past.

5. tk1971

tk1971 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I think it all depends on weather and traffic. I hardly ever go above 65 mph (occasionally 70 to pass, etc). When on the streets, I try to stay below 45 so I can try stay in EV as long as I can, but for the most part, I drive conservatively normal. But the cold zaps my mpgs more than A/C use. I also notice a significant mpg boost when I get stuck in bumper to bumper traffic on the freeway. A few miles of snarl here and there... the next thing I know, my mpgs go up.