1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series - Black Cherry Pearl - Photos

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Danny, Oct 25, 2012.

1. RubberToe

RubberToe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Just fell in love with the color when I actually saw it in person, in the sun finally...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ended up doing a 3 year lease. It's crazy negotiating with new car dealers. About 2 months ago, a local dealer was leasing the 2012 Pruis III for $208 per month. Picking up one of those would have been a much better deal. I guess you just have to wait until the end of the model year when various dealers, for whatever reason, let the previous years cars go for much less. Having said all that, I'm very happy with the car. The residual was like $16,200, but I will most likely let it go and go full electric at that time.

RT

P.S. Even these pictures don't do it justice. Not sure why that is. It's a very deep Burgundy color...

2. OceanEyes

OceanEyes Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Saw two Black Cherry Pearls in person driving on the road - even my friend (who is not a Prius fan) said the color was breathtaking... I just love the color - but it would have needed the bells and whistles I got with my 4... plus the Persona Softex stitching for me to be closing a deal like that...:love:

I could not find a suitable used Prius when I was looking, nor did I want to wait with a 12 year old beater car that needed to go to the junkyard in the sky...sometimes things happen for a reason... in my humble world that gave testimony that Prius owners don't part with their babies that easily....

3. RubberToe

RubberToe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    If anyone knows of a site that is selling door guards for the Black Cherry color please let me know. I asked a couple dealers but have gotten no response back. I saw these on a plug-in here at work and they seem like a great idea. I even thought that putting black door guards on the car might look even better ;)

RT

P.S. Just hit 200 miles yesterday. The car sat for a week last week without being driven.

4. Scarlet Begonias

Scarlet Begonias New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just had my auto broker from Auto Alliance snag me a Black Cherry Pearl Persona and I have been getting some incredible compliments. The car looks great in contrast with the dark chrome accents of the wheels and interior. I highly recommend!

OceanEyes likes this.
  5. CalvinL

CalvinL 2013 Prius Persona Black Cherry Pearl

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Here are pictures of my new toy: The 2013 Toyota Prius Persona Black Cherry Pearl. Hope you guys like the pictures. . . Well, I am in New York so there's still snow left here on Long Island.
    The trade-in for my 2011 Prius II to the new 2013 Prius Persona required a little bit of work unlike my previous trade-ins. But Westbury Toyota did their best considering this is my 4th Prius from their dealership. Thanks guys.

On to the show:

P1020012_resize.jpg P1020015_resize.JPG P1020017_resize.JPG P1020018_resize.JPG P1020025_resize.JPG
    The pictures don't really do the color justice - but oh well. The pictures still came out a little better than I was expecting. It's like a nice burgendy/wine metallic wine color. It is AWSOME!
    Not sure about the 17" wheels at 24 pounds each - but I will give them a chance before I consider swapping them with my 16" Enkei RPF1 at 13.5 pounds.
    Anyone know where to get a shark fin antenna in black cherry pearl? Or if the one on JuicyHybrid for the previous year is the correct color?

For those interested in what camera was used:
    Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS10 set to use default scenery settings. Some pics used flash others didn't. No discernable difference except possible reflection off paint coat.

-Calvin

Grateful11 and hybridbear like this.
  6. B. Roberts

B. Roberts Hypah Milah! Ayuh.

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Haven't seen a Persona around here yet... maybe they'll make it up to the northeast coast by Spring.

Color looks very good in pictures, but as always, will probably look exceptionally better out in sunshine. Nice wheel color too, but they really need to lighten them up @ 24 lbs! Wow. Sure do look great, though.

7. CalvinL

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Northeast? I'm in New York. After reading and seeing pictures on the net, I wandered into my dealership and asked to see one. After some huffing and puffing and showing me other Priuses, they told me they didn't have the Persona at which point I politely left asking them to give me a ring if/when they get one for me to look at.

Three or four days later, I get a phone call saying they got one on the lot. I suppose after buying three Priuses from the same dealership, they figured it would be a quick sale like my previous purchases - but it took a few tries this time around due to my last purchase being barely 2years ago.

It was actually harder to get the nice maroon/black cherry color in the sunshine. Probably because I am not so great at photography. I plan on getting a friend of mine to get some shots of my car when this weekend. But yeah - overall great color and great "looking" wheels. But *boooo* to the 24 pound weight of the wheels. However, I can probably make up the additional 40 pounds on the 17's versus the old 15's by losing my belly. *halo*

Oooooh - one thing that did upset me a little - they locking mechanism for the mats/carpets changed from the 2011. Instead of hooks, its now this turning locking thingy... which is rather annoying considering I had WeatherTech mats from my 2011 Prius which no longer quite fit in the new 2013 Prius Persona. *ARGH*

8. Willco Electronics

Willco Electronics Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    What's inside? How about the audio/nav system? I assume it has a backup camera and the entune system? Any other electronins like the blind spot warning system or backup warning?

9. CalvinL

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The new features are nice but the Navigation system is ... well, there are many posts about the GPS/Nav system. Personally, my Megellan Roadmate 5045 with lifetime map and traffic updates is much better overall. But of course, the convenience and large screen of the Prius's nav system is nice.

I'll get some pics of these as well with the chrome trims and stuff. I was a bit too focused on the exterior. Honestly though, the central console is more like a cross between my 2005, 2008, and 2011 Priuses (is that plural right? *lol*). The new digital display of the 3rd gens is really modern, easy, and informative. Anyhow - later today or the weekend.

I do hate the fact that they changed the floor mat locking mechanism from my 2011 though. I can no longer use the WeatherTech matts from '11 Prius (PriusChat Shop : WeatherTech Toyota Prius Extreme-Duty Floor Liners [440851] - $0.00). So I'd becareful of this for any of you trading in. Well I can use them, but it slips; until I widen the hole or something. Anyone else experience this?

10. CalvinL

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Here are some udpated pictures including the center console.
    2013 Prius Persona Black Cherry | PriusChat

More to come including a picture of the backup camera in operation.

11. socal13

socal13 livin in the foothills...

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I just saw the Persona in black cherry and it is pretty nice! I am now seriously considering this one on a lease.

12. CalvinL

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It is a beautiful paint job. And the options with the Persona are pretty nice. I just wish the wheels were a bit lighter. Best wishes on your little shopping adventure.
    I might have become a tad complacent, but I can't quite seem to get the same fuel mileage as I once did with my 2005/p2 and 2008/p2 model Prius. The Persona, however, is getting better fuel mileage than my previous 2011/pII Prius even with the slightly heavier wheels. Maybe I lost weight :p

-Cal

hybridbear likes this.
  13. socal13

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Do you know what kind of radio the persona has? My 2010 III has the Bose.

14. socal13

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    ...I meant the JBL sound. I am hoping the Persona has a good sound system.

15. CalvinL

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I will look up my invoice thingy this evening. But I am unsure. I beleive it just said "high definition audio" *lol*

Update: Here is a scanned copy of my vehicles list of whatever. I forget what they call this thing. Anyways, for obvious reasons, some of the information has been edited out. But you will see that it is only the 6 speaker system and NOT the 8 speaker JBL system. I do not know if you can obtain that options in this model. However, I can attest that the 6 speaker system is quite good even for my "hearing that's as good as a 5 year old" according to my Otologist (hearing doc); whether I "listen" is another matter. However, to each their own and if it is important enough, I am sure the dealership should let you hear the system for yourself. I hope you find the below informative.
    I have yet to achieve "50 MPG" in this model year prius. I find this amusing because on my 2005 window sticker (ah yeah window sticker) - it states "50mpg), my 2008 dropped down to "46 mpg" (or something like that because I can not find my 2008 windows sticker), then back upto "51 mpg" on my 2011 and now back down to "50 mpg". *hahaha*

2013 Toyo Prius Eq-Ma.jpg

16. socal13

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Thanks, Calvin... by the way, my 2010 Prius III shows 51 city/48 hwy on the sticker. It's a little strange that they don't put the JBL in the Persona which is a "special" model, when they put it in the Prius III.

17. CalvinL

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Now that you mentioned the speaker system - it's like yeah... it's an easy thing to do. sheeesh. It's supposed to be a bit better than the Prius/III but not quite the Prius IV... so why not? oh well... The SofTex faux leather and color and some other conveniences like having the backup camera again, somehow convinced me to trade in my 2011 - so Toyota did something right. The wheels are nice too - but wasn't really a convincing factor for me. I now have a spare set of 16" Enkei RPF1's I am considering swapping back in. *lol* If nothing else, just to test out the mileage.

18. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The Persona must have the same sound system as the 2012/13 two and three models. I had a chance to compare JBL in mine to the non JBL in a 2012 three. The non JBL is ok, but lacks the lows and highs the JBL can bring out. There's not much presence when you turn up the volume, like as Curly would say ...

'try to crank (think) but nothing happens.'

Root of the problem is no separate amplifier which JBL gets. 8 speakers and better quality speakers helps too. Not that JBL is amazing, but it's not bad for a stocker.

I don't like aftermarket systems that are way heavy on bass and not quality sound.

But, even the JBL can get drowned out somewhat on noisy freeway pavement. Certain luxury cars get quiet interiors, but Prius isn't one of them.

19. CalvinL

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the amazin analysis :) Yeah I don't favour "heavy bass". The non-JBL is good enough for my purposes. I considered mentioning that the interior of the Prius is not super quiet, but shrug - it's okay enough. But when in doubt, just mozey down to the showroom and check it out in person :)
    I just love this Black Cherry maroon/burgandy color!!! A lot less flashy than the Barcelona Red but still kinda cool looking.

20. socal13

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Well, I popped for the Persona today... couldn't resist the Black Cherry and the 17" special wheels, and I like the faux leather seats too! I am happy with my choice. At least it is a little different from all the Prius's on the road. Thanks for the advice in this thread. I think I got a good deal too... I'm one of those customers who tries to milk every last dollar out of the deal.

hybridbear and TonyPSchaefer like this.