1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2014 Prius - Build Thread

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Lavigna, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Lavigna

Lavigna New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    DSC_3929.JPG DSC_3924.JPG DSC_3925.JPG DSC_3927.JPG DSC_3939.JPG View attachment 68056 View attachment 68056 I just picked up this new 2014 Prius. It is my first Prius, and so far I really like it. I like it more each time I drive it. It is a 3, with the sunroof/solar package. I had wanted the Prius 4, but my salesman told me the solar roof was not available in the 4. I learned later that was not correct. I would like to change out my navigation for the larger OEM navigation unit. Has anyone done this? What was the cost of the OEM unit?

After buying the car, I drove straight from the dealer to the wheel store. I traded in my OEM wheels/tires for some 17" Focus wheels and Toyo tires.

My Prius had cloth interior, so I had the dealer add leather. In the area I live, a company called Coach does the leather interiors. It takes about 4 days. They take the seats out and the doors off to do it. The cloth is replaced by high quality leather. I wanted to do it this way so I could get black perforated leather with White stitching. Also, the leather is real, and I think it is nicer than the OEM pleather.

Still on the list to do:
    - Tint all windows
    - Illuminated door sills
    - Homelink rearview mirror
    - Body mouldings
    - Tint front and rear lights
    - Sound deadening material in doors

I know I will be adding some weight with the sound deadening material, so I have been looking for things on the car I can remove, to offset the weight gain. I removed the spare tire and jack. I just keep a can of fix-a-flat in the car, and it is even better that the spare. I also removed the rear window wiper. If anyone knows of any other unnecessary items to possibly remove, please let me know. I want to keep my MPG as high as possible.

Great forum. I have learned a lot already. Hope to contribute myself. Thanks!

Attached Files:

Dylan Doxey likes this.
  2. Burna J

Burna J Knot Right Performance....

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Welcome,
    Looks like they did a great job on your interior, but I noticed you don't have lowering on your to do list... :D

BTW, nice color choice!!

3. Lavigna

Lavigna New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    No lowering for me. I live in Petaluma, CA. We are infamously known as being the 'Pot Hole Capital of the World' Lowered cars do not do well around here. Our roads are horrible.

Burna J likes this.
  4. Husam

Husam New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    How much did the leather interior cost if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks.

5. Lavigna

Lavigna New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I got it for $1k. It was added to the cost of the car through the dealer.

6. pauerbach

pauerbach Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    That leather upholstery looks fantastic.