1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2015 Mercedes C250, C300, C400 Ugly!

Discussion in 'Diesels' started by orenji, Apr 5, 2014.

1. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Was on the freeway yesterday near LA and saw a 2015 C300 being tested by Mercedes. This car looked so plain Jane! They have taken a giant step backwards from the current C250 aggressive looks to a very boring design. Too bad for them but good news for Lexus IS, they should see increased sales starting in November 2014. Also after doing some research on the new C, I did not see any mention on a Diesel motor for the USA?

2. mmmodem

mmmodem Senior Taste Tester

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I thought the last gen C class very unsightly. This one is an improvement. I also thought the last IS was gorgeous. This new one, not so much. The spindle grill doesn't look as good on the IS as it does on the ES.

iPhone ?

3. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The last gen class is the current gen class, new C class is not out yet, sure you are talking about the right gen?

4. mmmodem

mmmodem Senior Taste Tester

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I know it's hard for you to believe, but I really do think the 2015 model C class looks better. I also think all models of Prius are ugly as sin if that gives you any indication on my tastes.

5. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yes but Toyota has maintained the unique look of the Prii and is seems to have become an icon, like the VW Bug and Mini Cooper, can't say the same for the MB C Class. The Prii is designed for two things only, aerodynamics and interior space.

Mercedes is trying to make the C, E and S class all look similar, as where the C class has always been the sportier model. Let sales this fall indicate if I am right or wrong.