1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A/C recharging question!?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by litwakjjjr, Apr 24, 2014.

?
  1. How to recharge my ac

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. How to recharge my A/C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. litwakjjjr

litwakjjjr New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    HI! I know this will be a repost and I'm sorry but I need help!
    First off, I love my Prius! However my baby is HOT and needs to take a chill pill. Could i just use regular refrigerant to keep my baby cool or do I need to do something special for her? Details Details Details! Please be detailed in your explanation!

THANKS!!!!!

2. Easy Rider

Easy Rider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    There is a high probability that you are about to throw away some money at the very least.........and damage your AC system at the worst.

There should be a sticker somewhere around the radiator shroud or the inside of the hood that lists what variety of refrigerant your model uses.

If the "Freon" charge is low, that means there is a leak that needs to be fixed.
    Also being low on Freon is not the only thing that will cause the system to not cool good.

3. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Make sure there is proper airflow by changing out your cabin filter

SM-N900P ?

4. theshark

theshark Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm having an issue to. to cool I have to set the temp to low before it gets some what cool.. not really cool.. when its cold I have to set the temperature to 79 to get warm.. never done this before.

5. sambojoho

sambojoho Proud conservative

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Try this. Turn the car on, AC on max. Open the hood and find the two metal AC lines running to the firewall. One should be warm and one should be pretty cold. If they are both warm, the AC system probably needs a charge. You can charge with a kit available from the auto parts store, follow the instructions to add refrigerant. However this is just a temp fix because as was already said, if it's low, your system is leaking and the leak will continue.

iPhone ?

theshark likes this.
  6. theshark

theshark Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm going to have it looked at this week. I hope it's not the compressor going bad, or any other part of the system. Hoping it just needs a new line....

Any idea on the costs of major components for the a/c system?