1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ABS , VSC and read and yellow exclamation mark!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by snowy233, Jun 9, 2014.

1. snowy233

snowy233 New Member

Today i had my front discs and pads changed on my 07 prius and after putting it all back correctly I went to drive the car and my abs , vsc and both exclamation marks where lit up , I've read that this is common and a quick reset on a diagnostic machine should shift them ? Is this correct ?

My regeneration system is all working fine ie shows me that when I brake and slow down my wheels are charging the battery still

Thanks in advance snowy

iPhone ?

2. nh7o

nh7o Off grid since 1980

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Here's how to reset the ABS system:

1. Find the OBD-II connector under the dashboard, near the steering column.
    2. One side of it is wider than the other. The wide side is on the bottom. The pin numbering starts with 1 on the bottom right and moves to 8 on the bottom left. Then pin number 9 is on the top right and moves to 16 on the top left.
    3. With the car IG-OFF, connect pins 4 and 13 with a paper clip or other suitable jumper wire. Make the car READY.
    4. Look at the Brake Control, ABS, and VSC lights. They may be flashing two-digit codes, if so record which light is flashing and what the code is.
    5. To clear the codes, make the car IG-OFF, then make READY again with the jumper still in place. Press the brake pedal at least 8x within 5 seconds.