1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

AC Vent Removal / Replacement 2010

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by hauchinango, Jun 17, 2014.

1. hauchinango

hauchinango New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I recently bought a certified Prius. All looks good so far, but one of the vents in the middle of the dash has the slider broken off, so I have to use a key or something to open or close the vent.

Any idea how to remove this vent? I have the piece just need to glue it back on. Or, if I can remove it and order a new one, that would work.

Thanks, more questions to come I am sure. I tried searching with no luck.

2. Easy Rider

Easy Rider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I don't remember that last time I though that I needed to close one of the dash vents.........and that's been a LONG time.
    How about aiming it so that it doesn't blow right in the drivers or passengers face and just leave it open ??

I think it is likely that you will find getting it apart is a LOT more trouble than it's worth.
    No harm in asking though; I might be totally wrong.

3. neez

neez Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    How long ago did you buy this "certified" prius? They obviously didn't do a good job going over it. If it was only a few weeks ago, most dealerships would fix it for free.

4. GregP507

GregP507 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  5. A617

A617 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Umm You have CPO why don't you sent it to the dealer to fix it!

6. phoenixgreg

phoenixgreg Senior member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It's a really big deal to repair those vent sliders...the dash plate needs to come off in order to replace the vent vanes and controls. But if the car was Toyota-certified, you are justified in requesting replacement vent controls. Just be prepared to leave your car with the dealership for 2 to 3 days...it's not an easy job.