1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Adapter to use stock GPS/Satellite antenna & BT Mic on aftermarket head?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Keith Elkin, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Keith Elkin

Keith Elkin Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    The XM trial finally expired on my new Persona and I absolutely loathe the onboard Nav.. I want to take my Pioneer Avic X920BT from my old car and throw it in the Persona, however I don't want to have to put two additional antennas on the roof (GPS and XM). Is there an adapter which allows you to:

1. Uuse the stock antenna that's on the car?
    2. Access the stock Mic for bluetooth functionality so I don't have to wire another one?
    3. Adapter to connect the OEM backup camera to the aftermarket HU? (Or is it already RCA?)

Thanks
    -Keith

2. ajtozzi

ajtozzi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    1) the GPS plug MAY fit directly into the Pioneer unit, I'm not sure though. You can utilize the OE sat radio antenna very easily. It's located at the radio and is a FAKRA plug.

2) use the aftermarket microphone as i have run into numerous noise issues using OE Mics

3) it is composite you simply need to feed the OE camera power and splice an RCA plug on the wires to feed it into the pioneer.