1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Adding Nav to a package 3??

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jamesleber, Nov 29, 2005.

1. jamesleber

jamesleber New Member

Is it possible to get a nav system out of a wrecked 2004 Prius and install it into my 2005 package 3? I found one that has the radio, the screen ,and the brain with the antena. If this will work, I might get it. If someone knows if it will work, Please let me know.

James

2. Jeffreywho

Jeffreywho New Member

Not sure, sounds like it should. Stop off at your Toyota dealer and ask a mechanic. I just wanted to pass on that walmart has a Garmin, voice, GPS unit for $199. online, black and white tho.

3. ABC12

ABC12 New Member

Yea, go for it and then publish the procedure here.

4. Jeffreywho

Jeffreywho New Member

haha,,I'll be heading to my local junkyard.

5. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Don't forget the rim around the MFD which has the MAP button and the steering wheel with the MAP button. As for the DVD unit under the seat, make sure the DVD itself is there.

6. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Oh, and don't forget the steering wheel buttons, though that is optional.
    Well, not totally optional, at least not for the bluetooth or speech recognition. Oh, speaking of BT and SR, you'll need the mics in the overhead console for that. Again, optional for NAV.
    And lots of multi-colored wire. If you can get the original harness wires, so much the better.