1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

adding package 4 or 6

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sajjadazamkhan, May 29, 2007.

1. sajjadazamkhan

sajjadazamkhan New Member

I currently have package 3 in my 2007 prius and seriously debating should I upgrade it to a 4 or 6. Is it something I have to get done from the dealership or is there a cheaper place where I can have this added. I would love to add NAV and the dvd option but I dont think I can use a third party hardware for that. Please give me your feedback on this.
    Thanks

2. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusbuddy @ May 29 2007, 12:15 PM) [snapback]451601[/snapback]</div>
    Adding an integrated NAV system is entirely impractical, or at least prohibitively expensive. Others here have suggested adding a Garmin or TomTom.

Dave M.

3. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusbuddy @ May 29 2007, 02:15 PM) [snapback]451601[/snapback]</div>
    Welcome to the site. You have to use 3rd party hardware. At the last NJ Prius meet an in-dash DVD player was demonstrated and can be a DIY project. It fit in the dash's central storage compartment. I like my Garmin GPS unit and you should be able to find a good one for under $400 on line.

4. dvdirv

dvdirv Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I agree with others who say that adding a navigation system is impractical. Of course, you could add a dash unit for under $500.

The most realistic suggestion is to add leather by an aftermarket place who does mostly dealer work. I bought a package #5 and added leather for $950. By going aftermarket, you can choose exact color and type of material (smooth vs. perforated, etc.). Ask your dealer for a recommendation. My salesman thought the install looked better than Toyota's own leather.

5. gforeman

gforeman New Member

I have a 2006 Accord with NAV. I have a 2005 Pilot without. I have a Garmin Nuvi 360. I like the Nuvi a hell of a lot more than the Accord's integrated NAV.

I will not get NAV in my Prius. Package #2 is all I will need.

G-Man