1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Amber parking light not programmed correctly?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Nubiangoddess, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Nubiangoddess

Nubiangoddess Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have a 2008 prius that right after purchasing I found to have the condensation in the headlight problem, the dealer advised to replace the whole headlight assembly to avoid damage to the generator so I did. I did not have it done at the dealer due to the cost but at a prius certified mechanic at another location. Needless to say when he installed the headlight something was not done right and as a result the amber parking light is not coming on when the rest of the headlights are turned on.

I didn't notice this for a while and then when I did I neglected to get it fixed while under warranty for the labor. The strange thing is the light flashes when I lock and unlock my door, just wont come on with the other headlights. I tried replacing the bulb when I replaced my HID today but still the same result. Any ideas? maybe a fuse? something needs to be reprogrammed a wire needs to be connected? Help! Really want to try and resolve this! Thanks in advance!!

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The Prius has a front side marker light as well as a front turn signal light. The former is supposed to turn on when the light switch is on while the latter turns on only when signaling a turn or the hazard blinkers are turned on.

Once you are clear on which light is not working, and have tried to replace it without success, then it would seem likely that a wiring harness connection is loose. Good luck.