1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ASL working for anyone?

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by hsnyder, Jun 27, 2012.

1. hsnyder

hsnyder Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Found quite a few posts from GIII owners scratching their heads over this one, but haven't seen it addressed by anyone w. a "vee."

ASL doesn't seem to do anything for most of them, though some report that it does.

No joy here in for me in my v5 (non-ATP).

Not even sure what "Low"-"Medium"-"High" settings represent, but they don't seem to do anything that "Off" doesn't do. And the manual is useless on this one. :(

Is it supposed to be tied to vehicle speed or ambient noise (via the mic) in the cabin?

Would love it if it actually did what I think it's supposed to do. I frequently drive with the windows down and am constantly turning down the volume at stops so as not to impose my musical tastes on those around me.

Anyone tried this? ... get it to work? ... know how to set it so it does?

Thanks!
    Howard

2. Johnny0

Johnny0 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I have the V5 AT and It doesn't seem to do much if anything. My old Tahoe had it and it worked really well, so was disappointed that it doesn't seem to work on the new car. In the Tahoe the Low-Med-High was related to how much different the volume change was. The ASL itself was tied to speed, as there was no mic in the vehicle.

3. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I can hear it increase low levels which are sometimes FM hiss and static. So I'll keep it low usually. Maybe another software bug. I'd sure like to know who they used as software "engineers" on this system.

4. anewhouse

anewhouse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Had this feature on my Scion, and there, it worked great. It automatically provided a slight boost to music volume on the highway, and/or turned it down a little at lower speeds. Not sure whether it was tied to vehicle speed or cabin noise levels. It was a little difficult to "test", since the effect was slight and at any given speed, there's not much difference in volume. But when you listen closely when getting off the highway, for example, it's a nice change. IIRC, the Scion manual described it fairly well...
    Haven't played with it much in the Prius yet. :(
    Andy

5. parnami

parnami Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I can't say for certain this is not working on my car. I don't notice it if it is, but, isn't that how it's intended? What I do know is that I'm not finding myself needing to turn up the volume when I'm on the turnpike versus on back roads, so, I'm inclined to believe something's doing its job.