1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Automatic - Smartphone App

Discussion in 'Prius OBDII Third-Party Apps' started by John H, Mar 12, 2013.

1. John H

John H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Firetuck and sardog like this.
  2. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    I like it, just pre-order it...........

3. sardog

sardog Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Looks great. If real time data is shown (for example ICE RPM) I will buy it!

4. -1-

-1- Don

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Interesting product. I'll have to wait until May for the iPhone5. Hopefully there will be good feedback on this item from fellow Prius owners.

5. John H

John H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This could be a good platform for evaluating personal drive cycles so that a driver could understand if a PiP or a Volt would be worthwhile.

6. Joyce

Joyce Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm wondering if you have used your Automatic in your PIP. I just preordered one, and then asked the company if a PIP is supported (yes, I should have asked first!). The quick reply was that the Prius Plug-In is not supported, nor are other electric cars. When I preordered, I noticed there was a drop down selection for a Prius, PriusC and Prius V. Nothing specifically for a PIP. what was interesting was the drop down for a LEAF.
    If it has worked for your PIP I would love to get one.

Thanks,

Joyce

7. Anomoly

Anomoly Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just a quick update... I bought this. It shows the approximate cost of trips travelled, will also show where you parked your car, if you get into a major accident it will call the authorities, can tell you if your take offs and braking is eco friendly and report where you have been traveling (see your trips on a map). You can see error codes and clear them. There are third party apps that work with the device to show real time info (rev mpg etc).

Overall I was disappointed. It doesn't show the actual amount of gas I have, and/or how much is being used. Most of the other 'features' I can get without the device via other apps or the car itself.

I would recommend this product to a person who has an older car and smart phone without all of the features. For a majority of Prius owners... not useful.

SFO likes this.