Welcome to PriusChat

We'd love to have you join our community and participate in the conversation! Sign up for FREE today.

backup beep

Discussion in 'Gen II Prius Main Forum' started by gas guzzler, Aug 17, 2007.

Social Buttons

1. gas guzzler

gas guzzler New Member

I just did a search on turning off the backup beep. I printed the directions and excitedly ran out to perform the turn off (thank God!) But! it didn't work, I tried several times and thought to myself, this must be a joke. Or, am I just ignorant?
  2. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Your Vehicle Year:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gas guzzler @ Aug 17 2007, 07:46 PM) [snapback]498144[/snapback]</div>

It can take a number of attempts because you must do all the steps exactly as written in the service manual. I have done it twice, once when I first got the car and once after disconnecting the 12V battery (it returns to the default beep if you disconnect the battery). It took me more than a couple of attempts each time.

[attachmentid=10723]

The two problems I had:

Pushing the Trip/Odo button too early and resetting the Maintenance Light mileage. You need to wait for Ready, but push before 6 sec.

Not holding the Trip/Odo button long enough before shifting the lever. You must count out 10 sec, (one thousand one, one thousand two, etc.) before shifting to R.

Attached Files:

3. gas guzzler

gas guzzler New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dogfriend @ Aug 17 2007, 11:47 PM) [snapback]498166[/snapback]</div>

thanks, I got it what a relief!