1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Best option to hook up my iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by YeaBuddy, Jul 7, 2012.

1. YeaBuddy

YeaBuddy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Let me start off I tried using the search function but I could not find relevant information particularly pertaining to the iPhone 4s. I just purchased a 2005 Prius with CD player but no AUX input. I am looking to hook up my iPhone 4s in some form to listen to Pandora Radio. Anyone out there have experience hooking up their iPhone 4s or could point me to a thread that could help me out? I would really appreciate information on the options that are available, prices, and sound quality of each option. Thank you ahead of time!

2. jabecker

jabecker driver of Prii since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
  3. Sparky9292

Sparky9292 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    $200 for just iPhone playlist sycing? Hmmm I have a 2005 Prius and wanted the following:
    1. Handsfree Phonecalls
    2. Addressbook Sync
    3. Pandora support
    4. Ipod/Music
    5. USB
    So I got this for $120 Amazon.com: JVC KDA925 / KD-A925BT / KD-A925BT USB/CD Receiver with BlueTooth: Car Electronics

Now that being said, I did remove the stock radio from the car, but it's illegal to hold the phone in the car.

4. jabecker

jabecker driver of Prii since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    it didn't sync playlists. It enabled connection of an iPod via USB that could then be controlled via the steering wheel controls or the head unit. I already had Bluetooth and phone voice control, which were standard with the 2005 package #6. Pandora didn't exist at the time I installed the Vais Tech unit, and I still don't use it.