1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Blew out EP20 front tire, recommended replacement?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by kc1984, Sep 7, 2011.

1. kc1984

kc1984 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have a 2010 Prius III with 17k miles running on Bridgestone Ecopia Ep20's. I blew out my front passenger side tire the other day. I am having a hard time finding someone who carries the tire. From what I've found on the forums they have been discontinued.

Can anyone recommend another Bridgestone low rolling resistance tire? I was looking at the EP100 and the EP422. They both have slightly different specs than the EP20. Would it make a huge difference if I have 1 different tire? Should I just replace the one tire or get two new front tires?

2. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    You should get two new tires and place then at the rear. You want the back end of the car to follow the front during the winter rains.

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    The Bridgestone Insignia SE200 comes in stock size and has identical tread pattern to the EP20. I see Costco USA is showing them right now, but not the EP20. There are more than one version of the SE200, and apparently only the ones with dimunitive "02" suffix after "SE200" are LRR. If you look on Costco's site they're showing two speed rating versions of the SE200, maybe with a little sleuthing you can figure out if one of those is the LRR version:

Costco.com - Shop for Tires

Also, you might try just phoning Costco and ask if they can get the EP20 in.

BTW: your blow-out is not fixable?