1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Brake Actuator Air / Brake Bleeding

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by eastcustoms, Mar 6, 2011.

1. eastcustoms

eastcustoms New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello,

I have an issue I need some help with from someone with experience bleeding the prius brakes. I have just spent over a year rebuilding a salvage prius that was in an accident. Although I have been reading the posts in this forum for a long time, I have just now joined because I need help.

I purchased Autoenginuity software and have bled the brakes >5 times now. I am confident it was done properly per the Toyota manual. The car runs fine, but seems to activate the ABS showing the slip indicator right when I am about to come to a complete stop, and then eventually throws the code for a malfunctioning Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor. I have replaced the sensor and am certain that it is not causing the issue.

Here are my guesses to the potential causes:
    1) Air has entered into the brake actuator and is not bleeding out
    2) Autoenginuity is not activating the proper solenoids for bleeding

When I spoke to a dealer tech about the bleeding procedure he had mentioned that they do it by lifting the car in a slope/angle. I do not remember the direction of the slope that he had mentioned. Is there a trick to bleeding air from the actuator?

Any help would be greatly appeciated, but please do not respond to this post telling me to go to the dealer as I am not going to do that.

Thank you

2. rafaelsn

rafaelsn New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What version of AE did you have back then? Were you ever able to bleed with AE?