1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Brake Control Power Supply Replacement

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by ochybridguy, Oct 12, 2014.

1. ochybridguy

ochybridguy New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have a 2004 Prius. I purchased a used brake control power supply and installed it. Does anyone know if I have to reflash it? I tried to relearn the Linear valve offset. I've tried to INITIALIZATION OF LINEAR SOLENOID VALVE AND CALIBRATION with the factory scan tool. I have both. The older one seems to work better when working on Gen II Prius. I also tried to reset the YAW rate sensor.

C1203 Vehicle Information Mismatch or Engine Control System Communication Circuit Malfunction

C1345 Not Learning Linear Valve Offset Abnormality

I'm thinking I have to flash (or reflash) this to the car but I'm not sure. The cost to me is $55.00 to find out so I thought I would ask first if anyone knew.

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    DTC C1203 means that the skid control ECU, located near the steering column, needs to be replaced.

The brake control power supply is basically a bunch of capacitors which attempt to provide power to the braking system for a brief period if the 12V bus voltage drops down, typically because of a failure of the DC/DC converter. There is nothing to flash.

3. khan

khan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    i have dtc 1377 & yellow brake warning light on 2007,,,
    what should i do?

4. Patrick Wong

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I assume you are referring to DTC C1377. That points to a problem with the capacitor bank which serves as an emergency power supply for the brake system if the 12V bus starts to shut down due to a failure of the DC/DC converter in the inverter.

First, check the ABS 1, ABS 2 and ABS 3 fuses. If those are good then the brake power supply capacitor bank (located next to the 12V battery) probably needs to be replaced, or there is a problem with the wiring harness leading to that unit.

5. khan

khan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    thanks man that helped

6. khan

khan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    now there is a loud click sound under the hood when i shift the gear into D and press the P button,,,
    is there something to worry about??

7. Patrick Wong

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Before answering that, a few questions for you:

Was the car in an accident? If yes, what was hit?
    How many problems does your car have?
    Can the car be driven?
    When the car is in P, does the parking pawl at the transaxle hold the car in place?