1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Braking issue

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Air0ne, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Air0ne

Air0ne Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi there,

It's the first time I post here so please, forgive me if I'm doing things the wrong way...

I got a braking issue today and I'm not able to drive my car anymore. I have a 2010 Prius with a continuous beeping sound, ABS and warning lights ON. I can hear a small sound (pulsing, cranking, vibrating) in the engine compartment after the hybrid system is started. I guess this is the actuator.

Could you help me guys?

2. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Welcome to Prius Chat. You did everything right on your post. Don't have the answer you need, but did want to say "Welcome".

Ron (dorunron)

Air0ne likes this.
  3. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    This is an issue that ONLY the Toyota Dealer can resolve. I hope your problem is the result of failing to do the recall (last year). Otherwise, it might be a $2,000 repair.

4. Air0ne

Air0ne Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So my guess is right? They did 2 recalls. I don't remember what they did for the first one, but the second involved a flash of the computer. 2000$ ??? give me 1 minute. I will suicide myself and come back later...

5. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Back in June 2013 they had this recall:

Toyota says it is recalling about 87,000 2010 Toyota Prius and Lexus HS 250h vehicles because of a brake problem.

The issue involves a brake pressure accumulator that may develop a fatigue crack on an internal part due to vibration. Toyota doesn't say what the result could be, but it sounds like it would be a loss of braking pressure.Toyota says it has had no reports of any accidents or injuries due to the problem.

Owners of vehicles subject to this recall will receive a notification by first class mail. The recall remedy will involve inspection of the brake booster pump assembly to see if it is equipped with an involved accumulator. If so, the dealer will replace the brake booster pump assembly with an improved one at no cost to the customer.

6. Air0ne

Air0ne Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I definitely have a big loss of braking pressure. I can brake but it's obviously longer than before... I just bought that car a year ago...

7. Air0ne

Air0ne Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi there,

Just an update. Toyota Canada took care of the case more than 2 weeks ago. My car is still being reviewed by Engineers but they will pay the bills (they rented a car for me also)