1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

------>Bumper VIN Tags Where Are They...?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Skuits, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Skuits

Skuits Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hi all, I purchased a 2011 IV a month or so ago and have noticed the rear bumper's color seems off...? No accidents were reported on the CARFAX and the car is in excellent shape. I'm not completely sure if the rear bumper looks a little different b/c is painted plastic and I've heard that there has to be special agents in the paint that is used for plastic, or if there was damage that was repaired...?

I've looked around underneath and all of the appropriate fasteners are in place, that is nothing appears to be missing. I do note that I can manipulate one side of the rear bumper slightly. Not a lot but just makes me wonder if a repair had been done.

I can't find any VIN tag on the bumper itself and was wondering if it just didn't come w/one? All of my Honda's appear to have VIN tags on every panel and front and rear bumpers.

Can someone please look for their VIN tag on their rear bumper and let me know if they have one and if so where it is located?

Thank you,
    Mark