1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BusinessWeek review: 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid/Mercury Milan Hybrid

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by cwerdna, Aug 27, 2009.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Review: 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid/Mercury Milan Hybrid - BusinessWeek

Some misinformation in this article like:

2. bluetwo

bluetwo Relevance is irrelevant

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Good article, other than the misleading bits of info that imply Ford designed the hybrid system when it's actually a lot like the HSD. Maybe they made some tweaks here and there or something... I'm not sure.

These articles keep making me wonder though, just how good are Fusion or Milan owners doing with their hypermiling? The ones that are really trying that is. This really might be a good car to consider.

3. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'm not privy to the settlement agreement between Ford and Toyota, but it seems as though Ford had plenty of their own work going on in the hybrid powertrain at the same time Toyota was developing the HSD (and predecessors). Also, Ford's subsequent work clearly has been its own, regardless of the agreement to share patents with Toyota.

You could take a look at the Fusion sites to see (I haven't, but I'm sure someone else here has).

From all I've heard, the cars are really great. The problem in my book is that they are longer with no increased legroom and do not have anywhere near the cargo capacity of the Prius. OK -- three more problems: The Fusion Hybrid costs more, doesn't get the mileage of the Prius, and is part of an unnecessary add campaign suggesting it is the highest mileage midsize car (sedan). Otherwise (and I mean this seriously!), it seems to be a great car.

I hope Ford has a little difficulty keeping up with the orders!

4. kens

kens New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    They are having difficult keeping up. ~2 month delay from order to delivery at the moment.

5. 1SMUGLEX

1SMUGLEX I love the smug!

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There is a stark difference in advertising, I knew all about the Fusion but I was unaware about the Mercury hybrid until recently