1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Buy Prius Two now ($3,398 under MSRP) or at the end of summer? Atlanta, GA.

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Bmr4life, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Bmr4life

Bmr4life Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    So using true car, I've found a dealer that is selling all 2013 Prius for $3,398 under msrp.

So a zero option Prius Two would be $21,662 + $595 doc fees plus tax.

What I'm trying to gauge is whether the deals will be better at the end of the summer, of it this is as good as its going to get. Also, want to make sure this is a good deal. It looks good to me, but just want to make sure.

September is the latest I would buy the new car.

2. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Some comments....not really advice...

As someone who has spent literally years watching the up's and downs of Prius pricing, I'd say I regret in some ways NOT buying a Prius a year ago, or 2 years ago.

The pricing has done nothing but go up. With the "regular" hatchback, especially after the Prius c replaced The Prius II as the entry level Prius.

If you want a Prius? I'd just say make your best deal now. If you plan to own it for more than a year? I would bet the cost of new Prius buy in- is likely to at least maintain static, but even more likely to increase.

With all new vehicles you lose money the nano-second you sign the contract and drive off the lot.

But I wouldn't foresee any huge reduction in Prius values coming up at the end of this summer. And the overall trend is an increase in cost of buy in.

Sorry, guess it was sorta advice....

3. Bmr4life

Bmr4life Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    That's good advice. My plan is to have this car 10 years UNLESS 75 or 100 mpg becomes the norm for an economy car.