1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can I adjust this wire covering near the inverter without electrocuting myself?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Egg Crate, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Egg Crate

Egg Crate Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I own two Gen II Prii, and I noticed that the wire covering near the inverter for one of them looks like it has slide down a bit, and some of the wiring seems exposed. Here's the covering for the problematic Prius
    wire covering-bad.JPG

with the inverter being at the bottom of the image. And here's an image for the other Prius that seems normal

wire covering-good.JPG
    Since it's near the orange power lines, I was wondering if I can safely slide the covering back where it should be without electrocuting myself. Thanks

2. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    As long as the car is off, there shouldn't be a problem, as the relay between the HV battery and the inverter would be open. If you are still leery, you can always remove the HV battery safety plug (with the car off, of course.)

3. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    So long as you are positive the car is NOT on, and has not been for 5 minutes, yes. If you do not trust those around you not to turn it on while you are working on it, there is a disconnect at the battery.

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/HYBRID/HVDM/EN/PRIUS_nhw20.pdf (page 15 of the manual, page 19 of the PDF)

4. Egg Crate

Egg Crate Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok, that makes sense about the fuse. I was able to put the cover back in its place safely, so thanks for your help.