1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cat Causes Big Stink in my '05 Prius - Need Help Finding Low Cost Carpet Replacement

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by kenkneeb, Mar 18, 2013.

1. kenkneeb

kenkneeb Member

Hi All:

My 05 Prius (w/108,000 miles) carpet was er, uh, peed on by our cat which got out of the carrier while being taken to the vet.

Numerous DIY and professional attempts have been sadly unsuccessful in ridding the carpet of the cat pee odor. I called our local Toyota dealer and they quote me $600+ for the new carpet and at least another $300 or so for removal and replacement.

I'm seeking ANY ideas on how to get a new or near now, non-stinky, new or like new Grey 05 carpet assy. PN# 58510-47200-B0 so I can either do the job myself or take it to my local stereo shop, who's already had the entire interior + carpet out to Dynamat the whole inside, to perhaps remove and replace the stinky carpet.

I did find it for $420.76 here:
    CARPET ASSY, FLOOR, FRONT. MD.GRAY,TRIM1#. MAT & CARPET. TOYOTA PRIUS 1500CC 16VALVE DOHC EFI (2004 - 2006) # 5851047100B0, 5851047070B1, 5851047200B0

Any suggestions on where I can get this OEM carpet at a much reduced price?

Thanks for your time!

Happy Scent-Free Motoring!

Read more: http://priuschat.com/threads/cat-causes-big-stink-causes-carpet-replacement.123501/#ixzz2NuVA8dLe

2. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmm....

I know a person from work who actually ended up trading in their vehicle after cat pee got in it. They tried everything but could not rid the vehicle of the smell.

That's really too bad. I don't know what DIY you've already tried, but there are numerous products, that supposedly neutralize and/or remove pet odors.

You'd think that with a Wet/Dry shop vac, you could somehow totally remove the offending substance or what is left of the offending substance.

Since you say "numerous" DIY and Professional attempts? I'm assuming you are simply at the point where you want to try carpet replacement. Period.

All I can really offer is good luck. I've had cat's pee on the way to the vet in my vehicle but luckily it's alway been IN the fully plastic carrier. Now whenever I transport I use the carrier and line the carrier with an unfolded large diaper. Seriously. Just in case something does happen.

I know this doesn't help you at this point.

Really at this point? I'd hope that removing the carpet works. Are you relatively sure of exactly where the cat pee'd? And are you relatively sure that's the only place?

Whatever the expense turns out being, the hope is that you reach remedy.

Good Luck.