Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by qbee42, Jun 10, 2009.
Okay, I'm starting a movement to have my state secede from the United States and become part of Australia!!!!!!
My father used to smoke in the car, and if I tried to wave the smoke away from me he would scold me for being inconsiderate!!!
People who smoke in enclosed places where children are present are child abusers and should have their feet bitten off by sharks. (Put seal puppets on their feet to trick the sharks into biting them.)
When did you see me naked Tom? I must have had more to drink that I realised.
That's an old pic Bev, I see your old Patrol in the background.
When you were stomping letters in the snow outside the hotel.
You were suposed to be sleeping ya bugga. There I was, naked but for my heavy boots stomping letters in the snow.
Daniel, I changed my clothes the morning after the evening in the bar, I expect everyone else did too.
Personally I'm pissed off you didn't come because you are one of the people from PC I most wanted to meet.
It was said bars and pubs would all go broke when the smoking bans were introduced here, funny how many are updating and upgrading though. If anyone tells you smoking bans will impact their business call a very loud BULL S&!7!!! and pint them to South Australia and Adelaide. I go out for meals now where I would never before because I prefer to eat without breathing fag smoke.
Stop dobbing me in all the time Tom, you know a family member of mine is on this forum.
Oops, i thought I was sending a PM
I am really starting to love the place that I live. Did you know that the state government have banned plastic shopping bags in the supermarkets in South Australia. We have to take in our own shopping bags (not Plastic), and the check out people fill them for us.
I always thought you were nuts, but stomping around naked in the snow! That really takes the cake.
He wimped out by wearing boots, and the snow was just a light dusting. REAL Northerners jump out of the hot tub in the dead of winter, roll around in the snow, and jump back in.
Why? Because you're a cop and I'm an ex-con? I assure you, you'd have been sadly disappointed. I'm a real party pooper. I get tired very easily and quickly, and then I get all glum and depressed and I'm no fun to be around at all. I'm much better as a correspondent than as a companion. Anyway, scheduling made it impossible. I got home from my own trip so exhausted that if I had made the half-day turn-around and gone to PCD I'd have spent the entire time there in bed.
OTOH, another trip to NZ & OZ is definitely a possibility for me. I'd love to return to the Great Barrier Reef. Or, if you ever want to see the most spectacularly beautiful country on the entire planet, it's just a few hours drive north of me, in B.C., Canada.
I'll see what the boss says about upping your royalty cheques.
What could be more logical?
Before we *really* go off the rails here, I should translate:
"Fag" is British slang for a cigarette.
Back to your regularly scheduled programming
Because I love the way you think, because I like the stand you take, because I think you would be such an interesting person to talk with, and just because.
By the way, I'm not and never have been a cop. I also never consider you to be a con or ex con. You're a person who was willing to pay the price for being right and acting on that. I respect that Daniel.
Bev, it was only -20 degrees Celsius, not that hard to take.
In reality I wore a shirt, singlet, jumper, Toyota jacket, thick jeans, wool socks and thick heavy boots, I might even have had a hat on.
Oh, I *really* have to arrange for you to visit with me in the middle of January, when it will be -40
Hard to believe we've had muggy temps of 29-33 C the past week, both the dehumidifier in the basement and the central A/C have been in use. What a crazy climate to live in
Next you'll tell us why Brits laugh when an America kid says he's out shagging flies.
At what point in this thread were we ever on the rails? :madgrin:
Why did I think you were a cop??? Sorry about that. As for me:
Before I went to prison I felt that I wasn't "really" a criminal because I was doing civil disobedience and never tried to escape "capture." One of the things I learned in prison was that not more than one in twenty of the guys I met in prison was "really" a criminal. They had been convicted of breaking some law, usually without harming any person, and usually laws that existed for the sole purpose of keeping the underclass under foot. I was convicted of breaking the laws that protect nuclear weapons from citizen interference.
Bottom line, I was as much a "criminal" as 95% of my fellow inmates. And of the other 5%, probably not more than one in five had actually hurt someone.
Right up until we started talking about rails.
An opening like that, I could run with it. And probably receive a lifetime ban in the process!
Separate names with a comma.