1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cd player not working

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by MichaelSpeziale, Jun 11, 2014.

1. MichaelSpeziale

MichaelSpeziale Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    My used 2010 IV isn't accepting disks anymore. It happened suddenly where it wouldn't load consistently and then after ejecting all disks nothing loads anymore it keeps pushing against the disk when it's set to load. The car is under the 60 day warranty but I'm assuming it isn't covered under the warranty, but I'll ask tomorrow. Has anyone encountered this before - I have 75k on it.

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    What's a cd? Lol

If it's not covered, just get a flash drive and plug it in, mp3 is the wave of the future

SM-N900P ?

3. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Unfortunately, you're looking at a head-unit swap since Toyota doesn't service the individual components. If you have a 60-day warranty, take advantage of it.

4. techno-Zen

techno-Zen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Use the CD slot as a smart phone holder, they make them now that mount into the slot. Get a Bluetooth adapter and leave CD's in the past

5. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
  6. KennyGS

KennyGS Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I was actually surprised to see my 2014 Prius has a CD player when I bought it.

My wife loves her CD's, and has the center console of her Honda Pilot stuffed full of them. Thank goodness she doesn't also store them on her sun visor, which actually surprises me.

This may be a sign to embrace an ipod, or better yet an iPhone. They are so much more convenient, and are really quite intuitive. If your still unsure, you can always ask a kindergartner to help you.

Good luck.

7. Prius2012fl

Prius2012fl Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Lol I am still surprised cars even come with CD players. It has been years since even laptops came with them.

8. e7an

e7an Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    My car is the only place I listen to CDs.. My CD player is also non-functioning...and all these suggestions of abandoning the CD as a solution are not helpful.

9. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    See post #5.

10. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I had a cow orker with a IV where the CD changer wore out; his searching online found that it wasn't uncommon. People were fixing it by finding a replacement at a recycler. I think there might also have been a business that would repair it (or accept it as core and send you a working one) if you pulled it from the dash and shipped it.