Welcome to PriusChat

We'd love to have you join our community and participate in the conversation! Sign up for FREE today.

1. TGB4 2014 Prius Convention Hotel Discounts are ending this week. Click for more information. All Access registration with personalized items ends Sept 1. Register now!

Changing the Actuator

Discussion in 'The File Library' started by vertex, Oct 21, 2011.

Social Buttons

1. vertex

vertex Active Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Patrick asked me to document this change. While going to post this, I found this thread:
    http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-...7-brake-actuator-replacement-in-pictures.html
    which already documents the change. However, since I already spent the time to make a document, here is my version. Note, I have yet to bleed the brakes. The car is working fine though. I will bleed the brakes using the Autoenginuity tool, but since the car seems OK, I will do it later, to many other pressing things right now. I have not found clear directions for bleeding the brakes with this tool yet, so it should be interesting. Furthermore, since they seem to work OK now, how would I confirm it is done correctly?

Attached Files:

3 people like this.
  2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Your Vehicle Year:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Nice work. What warning lights remain on now?
  3. vertex

vertex Active Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No lights, no issues, car is working well.
  4. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Your Vehicle Year:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Have you tried the car wash yet? :eek:
  5. vertex

vertex Active Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    LOL

I did seal the connector better, but I will see how it behaves over time. It did give me trouble in the past, but never blew the fuses, so it really got drenched. Two weeks later, and the connector was still wet inside. We will see.
  6. Adhelkgerlis

Adhelkgerlis New Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    .. tasked to report about actuator and sensor characteristics and one of the characteristics is saturation...
  7. PriusDIY

PriusDIY Junior Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So what are symptoms of a bad actuator? I assume you got some warning light or code.

Also, that part looks expensive...