1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Checking interest and guaging what I should ask for my Prius V 17" wheels

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by shawnb2, Sep 5, 2009.

1. shawnb2

shawnb2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I am very close to buying aftermarket wheels for my Prius and know there are alot of people on here who want the factory 17" wheels. The dealer is outrageous wanting more than $2k for them. What would be a reasonable price to ask? I was considering $950 for the set of 4. They are in perfect condition. I have a couple of people here that are local that have already shown interest, but the one said $950 may be too high. What kind of price could I honestly get for these? I know it's hard to think about spending similar money to aftermarket wheels, but I guess it comes down to personal preference and what they're willing to spend. Let me know what you guys think. I'd love to hear from you. Not in a huge hurry to sell so I figured I'd ask around a bit. Thanks.

2. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    $950 is more than fair price in the current market. I'd pay that much if I had a II-IV and wanted the factory 17".

3. nineinchnail1024

nineinchnail1024 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    See if they're popping up on ebay yet and find out what they're going for there. That's how I priced my 18" factory mustang wheels and I found a buyer in a few days.

4. radioprius1

radioprius1 Climate Conspirisist

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    While I would love to lowball you with something like $500 for the factory 17s, I have to say that 950 is actually pretty reasonable for factory 17s, tires included.

5. shawnb2

shawnb2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I guess there needs to be some clarification. I am just talking about the wheels only, no tires, no TPMS. I need those for my other wheels. We're talking less than $240 per wheel which really isn't that bad when you think about it. Factory wheels are always crazy expensive. And the nice thing which has really surprised me especially here in and around L.A. is there aren't many V's running around so my car doesn't look like every other Prius on the road. Hence, another reason why I'm not in a huge hurry to sell.

6. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Why are you looking to sell them in the first place?

Do you not like the look of the wheels? Would you prefer better mileage with a smaller wheel? Do you not car about mileage and want spoked wheels? What's up?

7. shawnb2

shawnb2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    To answer your questions a priori, I am selling not because I don't like the wheels. Actually they are one of the better looking factory wheels I have seen on most cars especially from Toyota. I am staying with a 17" wheel although going to a lighter wheel. It is of course spoked, but being 4 pounds lighter it should offest the aerodynamic penalty. My biggest thing when it comes to cars is individuality. Call it standing out or whatever you'd like, I am just not the type of person who can stand looking like everyone else. Makes it hard especially with such a popular car to find yours in parking lots etc. These wheels too will be temporary as the wheels I really want will cost an arm and a half a leg. I really want to go with an 18" Advan wheel that is 18lbs. But needing to buy tires as well as the wheels will just be too expensive for quite some time. I figure this way, selling the factory wheels there will be little out of pocket cost being that the tires will just transfer over. The only thing I'll need to get are some nice lug nuts with locks and enjoy these wheels for quite awhile. This way it will allow me to focus on finishing my stereo system, other visual enhancements as well as anything else I can think of along the way. JDM tuner companies are really taking off getting into visually fixing up these cars. I already know of a company who has made carbon fiber hoods for our cars. Whether or not I go that deep into it remains to be seen, but I think the car will look really good when it's all done. Certainly nothing wrong with getting killer mileage and looking good doing it.

1 person likes this.
  8. Bobsprius

Bobsprius BobPrius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Love to see the pics of the new wheels when you get them. I would be interested in how they look and set off the car myself.

9. shawnb2

shawnb2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'll definitely post pics when it's done. I can't wait! I think it going to look really good. Stay tuned....