1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Chirping Noise Passenger Side Compartment

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by mccal, Oct 12, 2013.

1. mccal

mccal Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I found the same issue on youtube. Exactly the same chirping noi I hear on passenger side compartment below glove box compartment. Anybody have the same issue?

2. ETP

ETP 2021 Prime(Limit),Highlander HYB Plat,B52-D,G,F,H

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    It is either the cricket assisted hyper drive with kicks in over 65MPH or the shelf in the glove box.

3. mccal

mccal Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    After some troubleshooting, I pinpoint this chirping or rattling noise coming from passenger compartment. My first thought was under dashboard. This occur when driving on the freeway speed but not on low speed. But when a passenger occupied the front passenger seat, no noise. This was not consistent. After some troubleshooting, when I tap on the corner of passenger side seat, I hear the noise chirping noise. But could not pin point where its noise is coming from. I look under seat for anything loose, none was found. I finally pinpoint hte noise after a few tapping and it was coming from the seatbealt latch something is loose inside but if the seatbelt is latch. No noise.

4. mtbiker53

mtbiker53 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Happened to me once a few months ago. Pulled over to check because I didn't want what I thought was a bird flying around in my car while doing 70 on the highway. Found nothing.
    steve