Welcome to PriusChat

We'd love to have you join our community and participate in the conversation! Sign up for FREE today.

1. TGB4 2014 Prius Convention Hotel Discounts are ending this week. Click for more information. All Access registration with personalized items ends Sept 1. Register now!

Cleaning engine

Discussion in 'Gen III 2010+ Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubles' started by almypal26, May 4, 2012.

Social Buttons

1. almypal26

almypal26 Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    After reading some posts about cleaning the engine, it appears it would not be a wise thing to do (hose and water). Anyone with any experience in cleaning the engine? :confused:
  2. Feri

Feri Active Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

I've sprayed mine down a few times, especially after rats have nested over night. Lately I use compressed air to dry off the electrical bits. Haven't had a problem so far.
    1 person likes this.
  3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Your Vehicle Year:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My dealer used the engine de-greaser to clean mine before installing the new intake manifold. No problems to date.
    1 person likes this.