1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

clicking metallic noise up to 1 sec after releasing the brake

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by WX4GPS, Oct 11, 2012.

1. WX4GPS

WX4GPS Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I should probably arm myself with a sound clip, you can hear it with radio off windows up, but more prevalent outside or windows down. whenever I stop and release the brake, there is a metallic clank noise that is heard outside the car. now I didn't want to bring it up to the dealer, but at my last service interval, I test drove a brand new Prius C and I could not duplicate it. So I dont know if its something that developed after it brakes in and is normal... Anyone else relating the a similar sound? the prius C I test drove was utterly quite going from brake to gas until the point the whirlling sound starts. mine has a metallic clank and it usually is not immediately as I release but within a second, and I thought maybe it was a change in the regen system, but now Im more curious as a brand new one did not make that sound.

2. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible Chance favors the prepared mind.

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Bring it up to the dealer. But be an informed owner. Before you go, get assistance from a friend to work the brake while you find the culprit.

3. chicagoaficionado

chicagoaficionado Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I think I have the same noise issue. It only happens when i let go of the brake very quickly. Now I'm worried.

4. WX4GPS

WX4GPS Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    SUnday I will have someone assist me with working the brake and ill see if I can narrow it down, I think its on the driver side im only hearing it but not 100% sure

5. BooShine

BooShine Wishful Thinker

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I posted about this a little while ago:
    Metallic Clicking During Light Acceleration | PriusChat

Got little response on the forums. Took it to the dealer for regular 5k maintenance and made sure they listened for it. They told me that they only heard normal sounds from the regenerative breaks. I continue to hear the metallic click or rattle during breaking and/or light acceleration. Sometimes it seems worse that others. I have yet to make a recording, but it's definitely the next step.

Would love to see/hear your noise. I'd especially like to hear what the deler does for you. Good luck.