1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Code definitions

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by DustinLangston, Mar 20, 2012.

1. DustinLangston

DustinLangston Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Is there information available with the definitions of Gen 1 codes? I was able to pull these with a scan tool. Are any of these inverter/ecm related? All these happened after my 12v battery died and we continued to driving it for a few weeks. We thought the dash was lighting up slowly because of the extreme cold temp. Since then I have replaced the 12v and now I'm getting these codes. I assume its just the hybrid battery but would like to know the code def. before I buy 38 cells. BTY I found 38 used cells for $200 that all test 7.5 on a volt meter out of a wrecked Gen 1. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to spend $200 if the inverter or ECM is bad. Thanks,
    Dustin-

p3006
    p3011
    p3013
    p3101
    p3191

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

You'll find them all in Volume 1 of the shop manual, along with a real wealth of information on how to track down what might be causing them. (That's the fun part: the codes don't tell you what the problem is, only what readings the computer noticed being off--it's still up to you or a mechanic to figure out what's making those readings be off.)

There are two ways you can get the manual: as traditional bound paper (call Toyota materials distribution at 800 622 2033) or online (techinfo.toyota.com). You pay a subscription fee on techinfo but they have really cheap one or two day subscriptions for you to look up whatever you need at the time. You'll get the best information there by far. Then if you still have questions about how to apply the info, this forum can be more helpful as we'll be on the same page, so to speak.

Hope that helps,
    -Chap

3. usnavystgc

usnavystgc Die Hard DIYer and Ebike enthusiast.

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    P3006 Uneven battery voltages
    P3011 Battery block 1 is weak
    P3013 Battery Block 3 is weak
    P3101 refer to an engine no-start or low power situation
    P3191 (engine does not start)