Welcome to PriusChat

We'd love to have you join our community and participate in the conversation! Sign up for FREE today.

1. TGB4 2014 Prius Convention Hotel Discounts are ending this week. Click for more information. All Access registration with personalized items ends Sept 1. Register now!

console cleaners and protectors

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by dk_brookdale, Feb 5, 2012.

Social Buttons

1. dk_brookdale

dk_brookdale Junior Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Just checking with other members what cleaners and protectors are being used on the dashboard and console and other plastic areas of the Prius interior. In previous cars I have used Armor All. This has worked OK but it has a glossy appearance. I'd rather use something with a flat or matte appearance. Suggestions?
  2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator Staff Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I love Griots Garage products for interior. Here is an interior kit they have:

Interior Kit - Interior Detailing - Car Care - Griot's Garage

And Zaino products for paint protection:

Zaino Store

Griots can be a little more $$ than other stuff but you can get gallon refill sizes once you have the small bottles to save and they offer and stand by their lifetime gaurantee. I have used it a few times and they issued me replacements on products that were 10 years old.
    1 person likes this.
  3. JACoH

JACoH Enjoying the mileage

Your Vehicle Year:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I agree, Griot's Garage products are top notch. I also use Meguiar's Natural Shine Protectant for all the interior plastic, available everywhere. Apply then buff with a clean cloth, looks great, not too shiny.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Osteoblast

Osteoblast Junior Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I had a car detailing business for years and loathe ANY 'protectant' on interior surfaces. I switched to a damp cloth with a mist of cleaner on it and have never looked back Give me a dry, dustfree surface any day!

Tip: Hold your vacuum nozzle up close to a 1" china bristle paintbrush and brush your dash for that 'clean room' look....
    1 person likes this.
  5. Mac Prius

Mac Prius Mod Junkie

Your Vehicle Year:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I use 303 Aerospace Protectant. Its very versatile and you can use it for multiple types of surfaces. I use it for both the interior and exterior trim. They say you can use the 303 on tires as well but havent tried that yet. I know many detailers and car enthusiasts who all swear by the stuff for long term protection. I highly recommend it. Doesnt leave the glossy look if you follow the directions. I also highly recommend you stay away from some of the Armor All stuff since long term use on consoles has had bad consequences.
  6. swg

swg 12 Prius / 13 Volt

Your Vehicle Year:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three

Totally agree on the 303, it is great stuff!! Not for tires though, tends to brown up over time.