1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cost of Add-ons

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Pripripriprius, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Pripripriprius

Pripripriprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hi Everyone.

Could someone tell me how much it would cost to add on the lower door silver moldings to the PIP? I tried calling a couple dealerships but everyone told me they had to get back to me on it.

Also, I noticed on the Toyota website, some of the pictures of the PIP have the chrome finish door handles. I love the way it looks but see no option for it. Is that only for the Advanced model?

Will be picking up my PIP this weekend and I'm so damn excited!!

2. -1-

-1- Don

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    :)Here's the LINK for the item you're looking for in the PriusChat Shop. It's $165 with free shipping. Door handle covers? Do a search on eBay.

Danny likes this.
  3. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    You could install them yourself or go to a body shop and offer them $30 to put them on, I said a body shop NOT the dealer.

4. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The 2012 Base PiP has the brushed-chrome looking door handles, along with the special trim front and rear. I haven't heard of any changes to those items for 2014. If you have a brochure, or go online to Toyota's build your car page you may find these items listed. Congrats, and enjoy your new ride. Welcome to PriusChat.:D

5. Pripripriprius

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks for all the info guys. So I just picked up my white PIP this past Sunday! I also ordered the latest version of the Lower Door Molding - If anyone is interested, the part # is PT29A-47140 and I got it online from [removed by admin] which includes tax and shipping -- should arrive any day now. Unfortunately, none of the dealers I spoke to was able to tell me if it was a chrome or satin finish.

Admin note: Please try to support PriusChat by purchasing your accessories through the PriusChat Shop. Even if it's a few bucks extra, your purchase helps keep the site running. We are experts in Prius accessories and could have easily told you that they come in a satin finish.

#5 Pripripriprius, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2014
  6. retired4999

retired4999 Prius driver since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    My guess satin, that's what mine are. Enjoy!!!:)

7. burstaneurysm

burstaneurysm Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm not sure how I feel about censoring the above post. We know there's a priuschat site, but there's no rule against removing other options from a post... (n)

8. KeepitSimple

KeepitSimple Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Its called the principle of respect.

9. Pripripriprius

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Update: I just got my lower door molding and it turns out model # PT29A-47140 has a Velour finish, not a satin finish. I haven't seen the satin finish in person, so I can't really compare the two, but I can only describe the Velour finish as a softer non-metallic silver finish, perhaps to match the handles and stock PIP rims more closely.

So I apologize if I broke any rules regarding my prior post, but my intent was simply to help others out without any other motive.

I have to say though, without being too much of an a-hole, I was not pleased by the admin's response asking me to support the Priuschat shop "even if it's just a couple bucks more." If I was a long time member, perhaps I'd feel more inclined to buy from the site's shop, but I just became a member!!

10. -1-

-1- Don

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    :)It was a very polite request, reminder, from Admin/Owner to you and everyone else. This is a truly "free" site which is becoming more rare. Not even a two tier site where everyone can join for free, and pay a fee for additional privileges. Consider the amount of free information and tips you receive. No shortage of forums on the net. From my 15 plus year experience with many other forums, this is one of the very best.

11. DoubleDAZ

DoubleDAZ Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Many sites I visit will not let you post link to competitor's sites for items they sell. I've had some who won't let you post eBay links even if they don't sell the item, so I see the reminder as SOP.