1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

customize interior light timing?

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by rosiegirl, Jan 17, 2012.

1. rosiegirl

rosiegirl New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    i've been searching these forums and reading my owner's manuals but i cannot figure out how to do this.

i'd love to have the interior lights in the car stay on longer once the doors are closed (my kids are having trouble getting their car seats buckled before the lights go out!)

i saw that this is a customizable thing in the owner's manual and it seems to be something i can do with the display audio system, but i cannot at all figure out how to do it. i go into the setup menu but i don't see anything about interior lights, just headlamps.

i also wanted to change the settings so that opening driver's side door unlocked all the doors, but i found out how to do that on this forum so the light thing is all that's left for me to figure out.

2. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I learned that you must have the advanced HDD Navigation system (Prius v 5 with Adv. Tech. Package in the US) to get a setup button and firmware to set many of your own costomizable settings.

I will be looking for a hidden procedure for the Prius v to access hidden menus. The dealer can always make setting changes for you. It helps to bring it up when making a regular service appointment so they don't get tempted to charge you extra to customize settings.

3. rosiegirl

rosiegirl New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    thanks...i was afraid of that!

the manual seems to indicate that the lighting is one of the things that can be changed in the display audio system without navigation but i don't see it! guess i'll check with the dealer.

4. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Did you know that the car must be in full ready mode for the vehicle customization option to become active at least on my advance HDD navigation system.

Do you have a SETUP button, or CAR button. There has to be a way to get to your (shorter) list of customizable settings. Is it press and hold button for 5 seconds?

5. rosiegirl

rosiegirl New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    mine has both a CAR and SETUP button. i'll try holding the button down and see if that works.

thanks!

6. rosiegirl

rosiegirl New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    sadly nothing has worked! called the dealer and they have no idea (car too new?) so i'm calling toyota today in case they can help.

7. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Here is a link to a section of the Nav user manual that show the user settings. Scroll to page 16 of 17 for vehicle options if needed.

http://www.toyota.com/t3Portal/document/om/OM33A02U/pdf/n08-1.pdf#page16

I think I saw my Vehicle Settings option graded out until I put my Prius v in full ready mode (foot on gas and press start). So, make sure your Prius v is in full ready mode (with parking break on) when you try.

Here are the paraphrased instructions:
    Touch SETUP
    Touch VEHICLE (must be in full ready mode?)
    Scroll down if needed and select the desired Item to be set
    Touch SAVE (or setting will not change)

Does this do the trick?

8. atgep

atgep New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Thanks, Being in ready mode is the trick on the non tech five. Now if there was a way to unlock the email which is grayed out!