1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Danny's New Prius at Grossinger Toyota

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by TonyPSchaefer, Jul 16, 2006.

1. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The thread about going to Grossinger has grown very large so I though it would be wise to start a new thread about the actual event.

At this time, Danny and Nichole are most likely having dinner somewhere in downtown Chicago. Then back to the hotel and the first leg of the return trip to SC on Monday. H said that they are stopping near Mammoth Cave in KY and finishing their trip on Tuesday.

TJ is one Hell of a host. When I got there, he and Thomas (other Grossinger employee) were setting up the grills. They made hot dogs and hamburgers with the fixings. As though some food and drinks weren't enough, a Ben and Jerry's cart set up, serving up cones and cups.

You should have seen Wayne's tent. He didn't just bring his car and some hybrid materials to hand out, he brought a fold-out cover to shade his car. And, I'm assuming, to shade himself and whoever else was talking to him. While he baked in the heat, Teresa and I swapped Wayne stories. ;)

It was really great seeing everyone. I'm sure others will post good pictures.

2. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Used canopy, only used once, for trade for sun-burn lotion. Will provide transportation.

Wayne

Who will not repeat tales of nuns with dripping ice cream cones.

3. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Pictures! We want pictures!!!

Come on folks, this is the digital age. We should have had streaming video of the event by now!!!

4. PsyPrius

PsyPrius Member

Tony!

You forgot to mention the massage tables they had set up for us and also how we were fed grapes while lounging and being fanned. Always leaving out the best part!!

5. FireEngineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    On a more on-topic note, it truly was a good meet. It was a distinct pleasure to meet Danny, Nicole and Tim. TJ did provide a good atmosphere, and if he wants us back just drag out the Ben and Jerry's and Drifter and I will be there in a flash. It was good to see Parrot Lady's car in one piece (and her Dad not driving it). And to all the other members from the boards here I can now put a face to, I'm sorry I did not have a chance to talk to all of you as much as I wanted, just was pre-occupied eating ice cre....... talking about the car to others.

Sorry Teresa and I were unable to go to the after meet but we thought we would give Tim my personal tour of Cicero Ave. down to Midway for his flight home (back to that cute little boy of his). But now I want to see pictures from everyone and their take on today.

Wayne

Danny remember, 2 months and your mileage should be close to mine.

Everyone please remember, August 12-13 is the IREA fair, details to come.

6. mbarrows

mbarrows Illini Bird

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FireEngineer @ Jul 16 2006, 08:40 PM) [snapback]287344[/snapback]</div>

Wayne,

It was great to meet you and thanks again for showing me how to "glide" in my Prius! It was really a great meetup and everyone there thanks TJ and Grossinger Toyota. I even got to meet TMS USA (Bruce) from CA. The only bad thing was it was too d*** hot! (I was fried after 2 hours and left early; I spent 8 hours in this heat yesterday at the Thunderbird Show I entered (won 2nd place with my 2002 Torch Red!))

[​IMG]

Mike

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Line of Prii in a row (you can see Wayne's canopy while it was up)____________________________________Wayne's display on his hybrid synergy drive

[​IMG][​IMG]

TMS USA (aka Bruce) in middle with Danny & another member (sorry, I'm terrible with names)________________ Danny (on far right) talking to Bruce

7. FireEngineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Mike......did you practice? ;)

Wayne

8. mbarrows

mbarrows Illini Bird

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FireEngineer @ Jul 16 2006, 09:07 PM) [snapback]287357[/snapback]</div>

Yes, but I almost got in an accident watching the MFD instead of the road! :huh:

9. TonyPSchaefer

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I have an old camera and a small memory card so I had to drop the resolution in order to take a lot of pictures. Here are a few of them. . .

10. AlphaTeam

AlphaTeam Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    As usual I forgot my camera. So someone better post some pictures.
    I JUST got home (damn traffic) I'm tired, going to bed.

It was nice meeting everyone. It is nice to put a face to an avatar.

11. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FireEngineer @ Jul 16 2006, 09:23 PM) [snapback]287331[/snapback]</div>
    will you participate in the 2006 Hybridfest in Madison Wisconsin next weekend?, it's kind on your backyard !!! ;)

12. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

who owns the silver Classic??

13. Fineagedwine43

Fineagedwine43 New Member

Hi Everyone!

I wanted to drop in and say a few things about today's event!

First off, it was great FINALLY meeting some of you folks that Wayne has talked about... You are all a great group of people and very personable, and made me, the newbie, feel very at ease.. Thank you so much! :D

Today was a very great day! I enjoyed myself immensely, even with the almost 100 degree heatwave. It was great that Grossinger was open, as it provided a nice cool haven for those of us who are heat-intolerant!

Tony, Amy,(Parrot Lady) Cheryl,(Drifter) Danny, Nicole, and Tim, it was wonderful meeting you, and I enjoyed talking for close to 2 hours with Cheryl..(Yes Cheryl, I am going to BEG Wayne to take me to Alaska now, especially since you have told me so much about your trip! :p ) Tony is a wonderful jokester.. he had me laughing a few times! There were other's that I met briefly, and I apologize for not remembering all of your names, (I think that the heat fried the last of my brain cells!) :lol:

TJ did a great job organizing this event, and I hope to see more of him and all of you at other events in the future! We drove Danny's brother to the airport, and he is a very nice person too, we had a nice discussion in the car about Prius, S. Carolina, Gas Prices, and Kids.. (His little boy is just adoreable! I am a sucker for baby pictures!)

I look forward to seeing some of you that are going to the Hybrid Fest next week, and again in August for the Energy Fest... Hope to see you there Tony!

Tomorrow we are going to go look at some new Canopies.. as the one we had today, well, lets just say, it is bent in many places now!

Thanks again everyone! Great meeting you all! See you next week!

Teresa :)

14. philwojo

philwojo Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Well I have only had my car since March and this was my first meetup but what a great way to start it off by getting together with a great group of people and our leader Danny. Everyone was great and TJ and all the people at Grossinger were just tremendous.

Other than the heat it was a blast to be there. It was great to see all of the Prii in the same place at the same time. It was even more fun having a convoy over to BW3 afterward for a few beers. We started with 3 of us on the trip over and drove by a fellow Prius owner and she was forced to jump in so we grew to 4 shortly, it was funny, we probably scared her!!

Danny and Nicole were just wonderful and so friendly, Danny is a great guy and his attitude just shows through on this great board he has for us. I am so happy that he is finnaly able to drive his car.

I have never posted pictures on here but I will try, I did not get as many as I would have liked do to the weather, and I to am horrible with names, so I apologize for not remembering most of the people that were there, but feel free to jump in and fill in your own names guys. Feel free to click on a picture to get a full-size version, and I have put descriptions (best I could) below each image.

[​IMG]

Danny in the black behind Wayne, Nicole on the right in the blue dress.

[​IMG]

TJ on the left and Danny's Brother, Tim, closest right side.

[​IMG]

Partial Lineup of the cars that were there, and Wayne at his car under his tent.

[​IMG]

A classic.

[​IMG]

TJ and Bruce (TPMS) and the left, Danny and Nicole on the right, and a plug for our Hosts!!

[​IMG]

A candid shot, Danny and friends enjoying the Ben and Jerrys!

[​IMG]

Danny, Nicole and Tim (right to left)

[​IMG]

A group shot of the people that were left at the end and a hint of Danny's car right behind us all.

Thanks to TJ and Groosinger for hosting this event, and thanks to everyone there for making it a great day.

Phil

15. FireEngineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    mrbigh,

YES, I will be at Hybridfest. I even told Eric that I would do Owner of the Hour morning and afternoon, but a lot of people from CleanMPG.com (Civic's, Insight's) want to show off too so we will see.

Frank,

That would be mikel 52 (Mike) with the Classic. I believe it's a 2002 and in real good shape. He even let TJ drive it to see what the "old timers" were like.

Wayne

16. TonyPSchaefer

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Here's the role call for the group photo posted above.

Someone's going to have to double-check these:
    From left to right (some people prefer to not have their actual names reveiled so I will use screennames):
    Mikel 52 (owner of the Classic), Gene (guest), Jane (guest), Thomas (in back, Grossinger employee), Barbara, TJ (in middle, Grossingerorganizer), AlphaTeam in front, TMS_USA, Nichole (future Mrs Danny), PhilWojo in back, Danny, Tony, Nerfer, FineAgedWine, FireEngineer.

Thanks for folks for helping me remember all the names.

17. FireEngineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Don't forget Drifter who, because of her work with the CIA, high-tailed it out of there before the picture was taken.

Wayne

18. gtn12130

gtn12130 New Member

I want to thank everyone for making the trip out to Grossinger Toyota yesterday! It was a great time and I don't think I have ever seen that many Prii in one spot at the same time. 100 Degree weather is definitely not the type of weather I like to host a party in, but at least it wasn't raining!

It was great to finally put faces with all the names and I hope to see you all in the future. My General Manager was very happy with the event so expect more to come!

19. mbarrows

mbarrows Illini Bird

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FireEngineer @ Jul 17 2006, 08:16 AM) [snapback]287501[/snapback]</div>

Wayne,

I wasn't in it because I left early too.

Mike

20. TonyPSchaefer

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yeah, that's true.
    There were those who came and left. Let's see, Terry and Steve (brought their HyHi), Amy (Parrot_Lady), Bob her father, PsyPrius, Bill60546,

Who else?