1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dashboard Grain >Hard Cleaning

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by kenp11, Jun 19, 2013.

1. kenp11

kenp11 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    What is with the Prius C Dashboard? It has the grain cross cut pattern that holds the dust in. Mine looks like it is always dusty. I tried Blower and wet rag but it always looks dusty since the dust is trapped in the grains. Do we have to clean the Dashboard with a toothbrush?

minkus likes this.
  2. TC400

TC400 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I use a dash board cover to keep all that stuff out. Maybe try some compressed air? Or lint roller?

3. wmo168

wmo168 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Use a Microfiber cloth, it clean up good with one wipe ;)

Rob.au likes this.
  4. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Microfibre cloth is good enough for me, but when I'm doing a full car clean, I do like to go over it with Armorall New Car Protectant. I don't really believe it's doing a thing about the longevity of the dash, but it comes up looking and smelling nice and almost always gets "OMG, your car is so clean!" comments from my passengers after they're done with "It's so quiet and smooth", which is still always the first comment.

I would have thought that a clean, damp cloth would have much the same impact, without the scent, but maybe it is better than that.

ChinchillaGirl likes this.
  5. sph101

sph101 Prius 4

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I find that a swiffer cloth works really well at getting all the dirt and dust without leaving any lint behind.

6. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I use a swiffer duster, it really picks up all the dust in the hard to reach area's .