1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Daytime headlights/display visibility

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by TrayS, Nov 19, 2013.

1. TrayS

TrayS New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Hi all, have a question I thought I'd throw out to the community:

There is a section of 2-lane highway I travel occasionally where it is required by law to turn your headlights on for several miles. I am guessing (though haven't tracked down a definitive answer) that daytime running lights do not (legally) suffice when it is clearly stated that headlights are required during the daytime.

The problem is, when I turn on the headlights during the day as required. My displays (both the drive information and the audio/nav) dim considerably so that I can barely even see them. Has anyone found a solution for this problem?

I also have a hard time seeing the audio/nav during the daytime, period. Even though it's at daytime setting. The glare is just always too much for it to really be useful during the day.

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Turn the brightness rheostat control dial all the way up until it clicks into the brightest setting.

ztanos and ftl like this.
  3. AliIzad

AliIzad Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    You can also go into the vehicle settings, via touch screen, and adjust the brightness and contrast levels. If I remember correctly, you have to turn the brightness all the way up and the contrast all the way down; makes a huge difference. The owners manual explains how to access the settings.

ChinchillaGirl likes this.
  4. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I also use this setting when I turn the lights on just as it's starting to go dark in the evening.

5. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible Chance favors the prepared mind.

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Welcome to the joys of C ownership.

They audio screen you will just have to get used to living with. The lights on in the daytime is only temporary so I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

6. Snowball

Snowball Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I've thought about getting one of those anti-glare screen protectors for an iPad to use on the Nav screen, but haven't had time yet. If anyone tries it, let me know.

7. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    This definitely helps - one of the first things I did when I got my c last year.