1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DC/DC CONVERTER PERFORMANCE (P0A94)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by joyonto, Jul 2, 2013.

1. joyonto

joyonto Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Guys and Girls I Need help
    here is the situation the Prius was parked for about 3 to 4 month so went to the car-wash to get it washed and detailed. after detailing and washing the car (Did not wash the engine and the entire time about 40 min engine was running) after finishing i was driving back to the house and just drove about 2 mile or less suddenly the car stopped tried to start the car but did not start at all. so towed the car to the house. got my scanner out, pulled the code (code was P0A94 DC/DC converter performance) thought it was the inverter pump so i changed it since i had one already. changed it but still no solution. what i notices is when i keep the auxiliary battery and HV battery unplugged for about 30 min and then reconnect and start the car the "ready" lights up and i am able to drive for few second on battery then it stops like it did in the first place. i just changed trans-axle fluid, the car has about1 60 K mile and also just installed new front brake pads & flush the inverter fluid.
    any help is appropriated greatly, oh by the way OTC used here is a 2012 Genesis OTC,

2. Former Member 68813

Former Member 68813 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Maybe a long shot, but did you test the 12v battery? Should be dead after 4 months of storage.

3. joyonto

joyonto Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    i did not test the battery however i have a portable charger by which i charged the battery but i am not sure if the battery is good or bad, another thing i noticed when i was going to the car wash was that the engine was running but the HV battery wasnt charging at all, but i may be wrong.

4. Former Member 68813

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm not sure what to tell you, but if you don't know how to do basic testing, you might want to consider paying someone who can. Especially since you may have a serious issue with expensive inverter that should be still under warranty.

JMD likes this.
  5. joyonto

joyonto Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    checked the battery it is good

6. Former Member 68813

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  7. fopoku2k2

fopoku2k2 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    have you been able to fix the P0A94 error??