1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dealer put 42/40 in new tires without asking

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by paprius4030, Sep 21, 2006.

1. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just got our 05 Prius serviced at our local dealer in preperation for our trip to Ca. and back. We got an oil change and the dealer installed new tires that i got from somebody here last year. When i left the dealer I was kicking myself for forgetting to tell them I wanted 42/40psi in the tires. Well when I picked up the car and i checked the tire pres. I was surprised they inflated the tires to 42/40 on their own without me asking. Then I remembered when i first got my 04 Prius and was complaining about the tires wearing out so fast, the Prius tech at that time said to keep the tires at 42/40 so i guess it's normal operating procedure for them. Then what capped off a perfect Prius day LOL, was when i got gas my mpg's for that tank was 50.5. Ahh I love my Prius LOL.

2. Spin359

Spin359 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    My new 2007 Came from the dealer with 40/40 loaded without me asking, and when i joined this site and went to add air, only had to add a little to the front tires.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    good for you! My Prius came back from the dealer with equal tyre pressure on all four tyres <_<.