1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DEI 545T install help

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Technigogo, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Technigogo

Technigogo Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have followed Hawkmoon77 instructions as much as I can. I have everything done but the relays. The insert that comes with the kit says to attach the relay satellite wires to headlight and parking light output and constant source. Is there a headlight wire in the cabin? Wouldn't that be in the engine compartment area past the standard relay? Same for parking lights?

Hawkmoon77 said to only use one relay. I'm confused by this. Why and how? There are three wires going to the both of the relays, What would I do to consolidate those then?

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I can't answer specifically to the DEI 545T module, but I can answer that there is a wire you can tap inside the cabin that is powered only when your parking/headlights are on.

It is the brown wire referenced in the OEM foglight thread that is stickied in the gen3 hatchback accessories and modifications forum. There is a link to the installation for the OEM foglights that shows where this brown wire is located.

SCH-I535

3. Technigogo

Technigogo Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Well. I thought I had it figured out and cut down to one relay. I connected the relay to pin 12 & 20 of L47 and viola I had it. I buttoned everything up and she don't work <sigh> I will have to open the dash back up and see what connection got missed...

This is a bitch of an install. The Fog Lights were a cinch.