1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does anybody know a good installer in New York City area?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by cleansky, Sep 19, 2011.

1. cleansky

cleansky New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Does anybody know a good, reliable, professional, responsible and honest installer in New York City area (Queens, Staten Island, Long Island) familiar with Gen III Prius interior and electronics (who know how to disconnect the battery ;))?

I am looking for a shop that can do sound deadening and will not break, scratch or destroy in a any way anything inside or outside my Prii. I may go with sound deadening inside the doors, floor and trunk so it will be a lot of work. The shop I went to install my HU did the job but they were not too precise and left stains few on my light colored interior (mostly doors and seats) that took too much effort to clean.

It will be great if the shop can handle professionally a speaker/amp install at the same time as well.

Anybody to recommend such a shop? They also must understand that we're not driving Mercedes or Porsche so the money is a factor :)

2. prius2010II

prius2010II Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You don't seem to be getting any replies. I don't know if you saw this thread.

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...ics/97455-rosen-hu-installer-long-island.html

I have no idea if they're up to your standards.

I suspect Mercedes and Porsche owners demand a very neat job. That takes time. A person looking for that level of service should expect to pay more.

Try to find out who your local Mercedes dealer uses. They should be up to your standards. See if you can negotiate a cash discount.

Consider going back to the shop you previously used. Tell them the issues you had with them in the past and ask them to do a better job protecting the car.

3. inseek

inseek Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Guys at Illusions Auto Accessories did a great job installing complete sound systems, alarms with remote start and GPS, HID lights, tinting windows, rims etc. for all my cars (different brands and models) for at least 7 years.

Last job they did for me was sound deadening and amp/speakers install on 2011 Prius Two. Thee guy's name who did the install is Bee and I can assure he is familiar with Prius after taking it apart for my project :).

Here is the address and contact info:

79-01 Queens Blvd.,
    Elmhurst, NY 11373
    Phone: 718-476-9696

Call and ask for Leon, he is the manager there.

Along with other brands, they are a authorized Hertz and Audison dealer and carry full line of their products.